Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This one's for the girls

As many of you know we have gotten to know a few of our neighbors pretty well. I have been getting to know Kaylah since last summer. She had some questions about God but most of the time I just try to listen to her.  This is her friend Darian and these two are seriously joined at the hip right now. This picture is the girls at Lakeside!! They went with the "melting pot" group.

It seemed like they had an AMAZING week. It seemed like it was a good week for them to experience God, make new GOOD friends, etc. Wednesday night of that week they both accepted Christ!

Then was Bible school week. They were both mad at me the whole week for who knows why and a combination of things/me telling them what to do.  Then the following week, we made cookies.

You can see how she is TRYING not to smile here. It was their first time making cookies from scratch. Well then they were over here for like HOURS. So I guess they're not mad at me any more. Then the next day I did their hair.

And then a couple days later more hair-do-ing



A lot of the time they ask if they can come over here. If we don't have anything pressing we try to make time for them. I see SO MUCH potential in these girls. They both have been through so much...anything imaginable that could go wrong in someone's life... one of them has probably experienced it. I can SEE the desire in their eyes to change, to be better, etc. They have so many hurts and struggles it is definitely a process. If you will pray with me for them, the most pressing issue for them right now seems to be RELATIONSHIPS. Just figuring out what a healthy relationship looks like, whether it be with friends or a boyfriend. Figuring out that yes, they can trust me, but they can also trust other Christians to help them. I see baby steps of improvement all the time which is encouraging to me.

With the whole hair-do-ing thing I got an idea....how cool would it be if Kaylah had someone every school day telling her how beautiful she is on the INSIDE, how much she is loved by God. How cool would it be if she had someone to walk to school with and just build her up with encouragement? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment