Friday, August 10, 2012

Treasure Hunting!

Whew! What a day! (Krysti here)We woke up really early, at 8am. (for those of you who know us…that really is early for us especially on a no-real-commitments kind of Friday). We rushed around and got ready and headed off to McDonalds for some breakfast, and then away we went to the west, on the garage-sale-lover’s dream voyage that happens every year, the Lincoln Highway sales!!!!! There were tons of them. We decided to bypass the sales till we were past Cairo, just because we have gone to those people’s sales in previous years.  We found this cool river 'just around the riverbend' near Gomer that we thought it would be fun to canoe in sometime. And we never would have found it if it weren’t for the sign saying

“Garage SaleS – MULTI!   --->”

There was also a totem-pole bird-watching station over there. This is close to where I found 2 of our first treasures….

So are you ready to see what we found?!?!?!??!??!?!
This was our filled car by the end of the day. We had to get creative and think positively to get everything in there. Now we’ll show ya everything….First thing…..
Because ever since going to the zoo with Phil and Cody that day I really like Peacocks! She was only 50 cents. And…..
Haha!! She is from Japan. This kitty was a real bargain at only 25 cents. How could I resist? She is SINGING to me! And plus, she’s pink. And she has some sorts of flower/bows on her. And have you ever stopped to think, “I wonder who made this poor little kitty figurine, and how much they got paid to make it, and how much they loved it, and now I am paying only 25 cents for it.” Then I start feeling guilty or sorry for them, feeling like they should be more appreciated. So, maker of the kitty-cat, I really truly like her and thank you for your time and efforts.

We continued on to Delphos. Had some yummy A & W.  They were busy. Left a studio flyer. Continued on.

We found this for the laundry room:
Which will be handy for stashing things.
 - - - - INTERLUDE - - - - - - -

We also found this awesome church
The guy who lived next to the church said it has not been in use for the past 15 years and some guy from New York bought it. I wonder why??  I love how you can see the dark clouds in this pic. They were with us all day which was fun.
Well then we got this trunk for only $10!

These are kind of “in style” now apparently. Whitney likes it best when it’s open so she can sit in it.
We’ve been searching for a while now for a storage cabinet or something for the upstairs bathroom, just to store some towels and things. The space up there is so narrow it’s been hard to find anything that will fit. We saw these drawers and Phil whipped out his measuring tape (all hard-core garage sale-ers bring this important tool with them) and it was JUST RIGHT!
We did have just a big pink tub with overflowing towels stacked up like a towel-mountain, just take our word that this is a huge improvement. Oh yeah and see the purple paint? Yep bathroom upstairs is light purple now instead of plain white.

This next piece just jumped upon us before we even realized we needed it! See our before pile of piano music downstairs in exciting crates:

And the after:

Our very own brand-new-to-us antique music cabinet! I don’t have my music actually in there yet so I’ll try to post a pic once it’s all organized. HOW COOL!!!!!  I used some birthday money I got for these furniture things.
We also got one thing for $5 that I can’t tell you about and another thing for .50 that is top secret. Oh yeah and I got some material for a little project.

I spent a while washing out the new furniture because I guess I’m a germ-a-phobe.
I'm going to try to get better at the formatting thing on here. And work on my picture-taking skills. Sorry so dark but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment